Wednesday, February 2, 2011

A lag on the Purely Fit Video Series

Well, the past week has been a string of technical glitches, time-crunching things-to-do and a houseful of people with a nasty cold and me with larengitis! So needless to say I was't able to put out my daily video series last week and I'm already 2 days behind this week. I'm going to just jump back in, without trying to catch up at this point. I'll be posting starting tomorrow, Thursday which is strength training day. ;o)

Today is De-Stress Wednesday. As I've said before this is my favorite day! Today I want everyone to take 15 minutes to relax your entire body from head-to-toes. This is a simple way to re-energize and melt away some of the stress from your day, week, month, whatever.

Begin lying down on your back, make sure your back is in neutral alignment and there is NO stress on your lower back. If you feel stress on your lower back place a rolled up towel under it. Place your arms about six inches from your torso, palms up. Close your eyes and inhale deeply, exhale slowly. From your toes up to your head flex every muscle in your body. Flex your toes, your feet, your ankles, your calves, your thighs, your glutes, your abs, your lower back, your upper back, your chest, your shoulders, your arms, your hands, your neck and your head. Inhale and flex every muscle even tighter, hold for three to five seconds, exhale and relax every muscles. Let your muscles melt into the floor. Repeat this two to three more times, until you feel the tension release from your body.

This is an excellent way to quickly relieve stress, especially if you are having a hard time focusing and can't meditate. Give it a try! Let me know how you like it, if it works for you or if you have any questions.

Tomorrow I will begin posting the video series again, until then...

Stay Purely Fit!
Shannon

1 comment:

  1. I'm dropping by from the Mom Blogger's Club. I'm your 4th follower! I'll be back again to check out your video series.

    Chrysa
    Jinxy Knows Best: http://www.jinxyknowsbest.com/
    Thrifty Jinxy: http://www.thriftyjinxy.com/

    ReplyDelete